The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
The oldest professional society dedicated to the advancement of knowledge about sexuality
• Founded in 1957 to encourage the rigorous systematic study of sexuality.
• More than 700 individuals hold membership in the Society.
• SSSS is a non-profit professional membership organization.
• A strength of the Society is the range of disciplines represented by its members, conference participants and journal authors.
• Membership of the Society includes anthropologists, biologists, educators, historians, nurses, physicians, psychologists, sociologists, theologians, therapists, and many other disciplines.
• The Society has a strong commitment to «the next generation» through the support of a vigorous student membership program.
• The Society’s award program recognizes professional excellence, public service and service to The Society.
• A broad range of committee activity provides numerous opportunities for the involvement of members in the work of the Society.